3. Child Support
For more information, please visit Her Justice: Child Support in New York State.
“The Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) plays a key role in ensuring that noncustodial parents (NCPs) provide financial support for their children and serves as a strong anti-poverty program. Child support can help keep families financially independent and eliminate the need for cash assistance. OCSE helps custodial parents and guardians, regardless of income and immigration status. Services include location of the noncustodial parent, summons service, assistance with establishment of paternity, child support and medical support orders, and collection and enforcement of those orders.
Parents and guardians applying for or receiving cash assistance are automatically referred to OCSE for child support services and are required to comply with child support in order to receive full cash benefits. Non cash assistance recipients may apply for services by visiting the OCSE office in the family court in the borough where they live.
For additional information about child support, call the New York State Child Support Helpline, at 1-888-208-4485 or visit http://www.nyc.gov/html/hra/html/services/child.shtml.”
- Getting Child Support in NYS
- Child Support: Queens Legal Services Corporation, Family Law for Domestic Violence Survivors, Child Support
- Child Support: Questions and Answers
- Custodial Parent Information
- How to Start A Case In Manhattan Family Court
- Local Child Support Offices
- How to Calculate Child Support Amount