Volunteers support JASSI’s vital work.
We welcome your interest in and ideas for contributing to our program! If you are interested in volunteering to help our community or if you need more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our volunteer coordinator will contact you about detailed volunteer activities. We also hold parties for volunteers to show appreciation of their hard work!
Examples of current volunteer opportunities include:
• Translation/Interpretation & Proofreading
• Community Outreach: help spread the word about JASSI by posting flyers, coordinating presentations or events in your community, or designing outreach materials (event flyers, newsletters, etc.).
• Mailing Preparation
• Planning events for seniors: Yoga, Tai-chi, Smartphone class, etc.
• IT assistance
• Office/Administrative Work
• Assisting events (Sawa Kai, Tabling, or other single events)
Senior Program Member
1. Free Senior Program Membership
JASSI provides services for seniors 60 years of age and older.
JASSI’s Senior Program provides case assistance, friendly visits, hospital escort services; free tickets to cultural events; and other events such as seminars on relevant topics, luncheons, outings to historic sites, and holiday celebrations. Senior Program members also receive senior newsletters and monthly e-newsletters.
To sign up to be on our list, fill out Senior Program Registration Form and Senior Program Emergency Contact Form and mail them to us with a copy of your ID (e.g., passport, birth certificate, or driver’s license).
100 Gold Street, Lower Level
New York, NY 10038
Member application forms are also available by mail. Please call 212-442-1541 ext.1
2. Sawa Kai (Monthly Tea Party)
This tea party is hosted by volunteers. Everyone is welcome to join.
It is held on the first Monday of the month from 1:30PM to 3:00PM in room #1 at the Hamilton Madison House Senior Center. There is a security check to enter the building. Please bring your picture ID.