3. Identity Theft
“If someone steals and uses your personal information, take these three steps as soon as possible:
- Place a fraud alert with the credit reporting companies.
- Get your free credit reports.
- Create an Identity Theft Report by filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and your local police department.
Then, you can begin to repair the damage. For more information, please visit: Federal Trade Commission: Identity Theft
- The United States Department of Justice: Identity Theft and Identity Fraud
- IRS: Identity Protection: Prevention, Detection and Victim Assistance