JASSI’s hotline receives a variety of consultations involving consumers. Here are some of the most common cases and how to deal with them.

First, financial troubles. If you have a financial dispute and the amount you owe is less than $5,000, you can file a small claims case in court yourself without hiring an attorney.

And then there are the more recent technology-related problems. Internet fraud, where your credit card information is misused when you shop on the Internet, and identity theft, where your address, name, social security number, etc. are stolen and a credit card is created without your permission, are also troublesome consumer problems.

You can also report problems or complaints about services or purchases to the state government or other non-profit organizations (see Reporting Complaints).

  1. Small Claims Court
  2. Internet Fraud
  3. Identity Theft
  4. Complaint Report
  5. Out-of-Network Bills for In-Network Health Care

Ways to Give

Please Support JASSI
Guidestar JASSI certification

JASSI has earned the Gold Seal for our transparency from Guidestar, the world's largest database of nonprofits. More on

Guidestar JASSI website